Basic and Advance Courses
NESAC regularly conducts training to impart and spread awareness in the field of Remote Sensing & GIS. Two regular courses are conducted once in a year :
Recent Trainings / Workshops at NESAC
- North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam organized 3rd two weeks training course on “UAV Remote Sensing - Technological Advances & Applications” was conducted by North Eastern Space Applications Centre during 04-14 September, 2018. The participants were teachers, students and research scholars from various Colleges, Universities of India.
- NESAC conducted a Basic basic course on 'Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System-Technology and Applications' of two weeks duration during July 16-27, 2018 focusing the area of geospatial and earth observation applications
- 2 days seminar on 'Advances in RS & GIS ' organized at NESAC on 10th & 11th May, 2018 jointly by ISRS, ISG, NESAC, NEHU.
- As a part of Space Based Information Support for Decentralized Planning (SIS-DP) programme, North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) has organized the 1st Regional Workshop on SIS-DP at NESAC during Sept 20-21, 2011 in collaboration with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad. The objective of this workshop was to familiarize the utilization of SIS-DP programme among the collaborative agencies as well as various line departments of this region.
- North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam, Meghalaya in association with Town & Country Planning Organisation, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India, started the training programme on “Formulation of GIS Based Master Plans for Decision Makers” from 18th to 20th January, 2018 at NESAC.
- A one day state level workshop on North Eastern District Resources Plan (NEDRP) for the state of Manipur has been conducted jointly by North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) and Manipur Remote Sensing Application Centre (MARSAC) on 29/11/2017 at State Guest House, Sanjenthong, Imphal, Manipur.
- A one day State Level Workshop for NEDRP for Mizoram State was organized on 12th Dec, 2017. The workshop was presided by Dr.C.Vanlalramsanga, Secretary, Planning Dept, Mizoram and attended by officials from Mizoram Remote Sensing Centres and various line departments in the state.
- The second two weeks training course on UAV Remote Sensing - Technological Advances & Applications was conducted by North Eastern Space Applications Centre during 06-17 Nov, 2017. The training course was participated by various students, research scholars and teachers from different colleges and universities of the country. Officials from various public/ private sectors of different part of the country have also participated.