- The 8th eNortheast Award 2023 (Winner), was conferred to NESAC for ‘GeoTagging and Monitoring of NEC/MDoNER funded Projects/schemes in NE region using Geospatial Technology and Tools’ for Best Digital Innovation in the category of Government & Citizen Engagement. The project was carried out by NESAC in collaborations with all State Remote Sensing Applications Centres of NER.
- The Fever Tracker App for Health Workers has been awarded for Best Innovation in the category ‘Technology & Innovation: Transforming Healthcare’ during the ICMR Intramural Research and Innovation Meet 2023. The app was jointly developed by NESAC and ICMR-RMRC NE, Dibrugarh.
- NESAC was awarded the Rajbhasha Shield by Town Official Language Committee Shield Scheme for implementation of official language policy.
Awards & Recognition
- National e-Governance Award 2022 (Silver) was conferred to NESAC for North Eastern Spatial Data Repository (NeSDR) in the category “Excellence in Adopting Emerging Technologies”. National e-Governance Award 2022 (Silver) was also conferred to the individual category to the project team of NESAC consisting of Dr S. P. Aggarwal, Director, Dr Dibyajyoti Chutia, Head, GID, Shri P Subhash Singh, ‘Sci/Engr-SE’,Shri Nilay Nishant, ‘Sci/Engr-SD’.
- Dr. S. P. Aggarwal, Director, NESAC has been conferred with ISRS Fellow by the Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS) during the National Symposium of ISRS and ISG.
- Fever Tracker application developed by NESAC in collaboration with ICMR-RMRC NE got copyright (SW-15293/2022).
- Honour for NESAC for implementing the Official Language Policy of the Union.
- NESAC received the First Prize for priority execution of the Official Language Policy of the Union in the Regional Official Language Award function organized at CSIR-Institute of Minerals & Materials Technology, Acharya Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- 7th eNabling North East [eNorth East] Award was conferred to Election ATLAS (e-ATLAS) in the category ACCESS TO PUBLIC SCHEMES, ENTITLEMENTS, CITIZEN & E-GOVERNANCE SERVICES.
- National Geomatics Award on Technology 2019 was conferred to Dr Dibyajyoti Chutia.
- Shri P.L.N. Raju, Director, NESAC was been awarded Satish Dhawan Award by Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS).
- Dr Kasturi Chakraborty received the ISRO Team award for AwiFS LULC 250k project.
- NESAC received Lightning Resilience Award by IMD, MoES and CROPC.
- Honour for NESAC for implementing the Official Language Policy of the Union at the Official language conference for East and Northeast region
- Honour for NESAC for implementing the Official Language Policy of the Union
- National e-Governance Award 2017-2018 (Silver) was conferred to NESAC for the project “GeoPortal on North Eastern District Resources Plan to support effective Governance applications”. National e-Governance Award 2017 (Silver) was also conferred to the individual category to the project team of NESAC consisting of Shri PLN Raju, Director, NESAC, Dr Dibyajyoti Chutia, Smt Jonali Goswami, Shri P Subhash Singh, Shri Victor Saikhom, Dr P Rocky and Dr Chandan Goswami.
- Dr Rekha Bharali Gogoi was conferred with ISRO YOUNG SCIENTIST MERIT AWARD.
- Shri Somorjit Singh received the ISRO Team Excellence Award for the project- National Geomorphology and Lineament Mapping (NGLM).
- National e-Governance Award 2014 (Silver) was conferred to the project “Sericulture Information Linkages and Knowledge System”. The project was sponsored by CSB, GoI.
- Dr Bijoy K. Handique was conferred with ISRO -ASI YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD
- e-Northeast Award was conferred to the project “Flood Early Warning System (FLEWS) ” under the category Citizen Services Delivery.
- Dr Jenita Mary Nongkynrih was conferred with ISRO YOUNG SCIENTIST MERIT AWARD
- Dr Kasturi Chakraborty was conferred with ISRO YOUNG SCIENTIST MERIT AWARD
- Shri Ramani Kumar Das was conferred with ISRO YOUNG SCIENTIST MERIT AWARD
- Shri Ranjit Das was conferred with ISRO team Excellence Award for the project “Assessment of Irrigation potential created in AIBP funded irrigation projects in India using Cartosat data”.
- Dr Bijoy K. Handique was conferred with ISRO YOUNG SCIENTIST MERIT AWARD
- Shri Ramani Kumar Das was conferred with the ISRO Team Excellence Award for ISRO Telemedicine project.